Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Birthday Wishes - Game Style

Today I wanted to share the birthday card I made for my little one’s birthday a couple of weeks ago. Aidan loves to get cards and is really appreciative when someone makes him a card or colors him a picture. I decided to use the Take a Spin stamp set and new game spinner hands to make a fun card. I started with a base of Wild Wasabi cardstock. I used a piece of Celebrations DSP and attached it to Real Red Cardstock and wrapped a piece of Bashful Blue ¼” Grosgrain ribbon (retired) on the seam.

The main image was stamped with Pacific Point ink on Whisper White cardstock. Then I used my Stampin’ Write markers to color in the various images on the stamp (birthday cake, package, candles, etc.). I used my 1/16” handheld punch to punch a hole in the middle for the game spinner hand. Instead of using the standard brad that came with the spinners I used a Real Red brad. Once completed I matted the image to a piece of Wild Wasabi cardstock before attaching to the card.

Very easy and Aidan loved it! (we actually made a similar version of this card during last months stamp-a-stack). This is such a fun stamp set and I can see several other great ideas, including reward ribbons, etc.

Have a great day!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog