Sunday, January 9, 2011

Be My Beary Valentine

What a great weekend!  We've had a great time spending time with friends this weekend and today was capped off with stamp-a-stack and we had a great bunch of ladies.  This was our first opportunity using the new letterpress plates and they were quite a hit (thanks ladies)!

I finally feel like I'm getting back into the  regular routine after the holidays which means I was finally able to participate in another Stamping 411 challenge.  I really liked the wide open space for this week's challenge which gave me plenty of space for a perfectly beary valentine.  I started with the little girl bear from the Beary Best Friends stamp set.  I stamped the image twice, once on Whisper White, and again on Pretty in Pink DSP (for the dress).  I cut out both the bear and the dress with paper snips before coloring the rest of the bear in with Stampin' Write Markers

Next I used some Pear Pizzaz ink and a Stamping Sponge to great some "grass" on the bottom of the main Whisper White piece of cardstock.  I used a piece of Real Red 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon around the paper and then attached a bow I created with the ribbon and a crystal circle brad.  I used the small heart punch, large heart punch, and heart to heart punches to punch out lots of heats from DSP as well as the new Red Glimmer paper (fabulous!) to use as ballons.  After gluing all the hearts in place I created balloon strings with a Basic Black marker.  The greeting is from the Filled with Love stamp set and is stamped in Pear Pizzaz

The entire image is mounted on a piece of Pretty in Pink cardstock before adding the Pear Pizzaz card base. Now, check out the sketch layout below.



I really like how sweet this card turned out!  Hope you enjoy and have a great week!

Happy stamping,

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww! I love her bouquet of heart balloons!! Thanks for playing along this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog