Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Christmas Bells are Ringing

What a crazy raining day! After such a hectic few days the start of the new week has actually brought a level of calm. I was able to squeeze in time on Sunday before Stamp-a-stack to make a card for this week’s Stamping 411 challenge. Even though thanksgiving is about a week away I seem to be focused on Christmas lately so this week’s creation is another Christmas card. I used some great items from the Holiday mini catalog for this card, including the Bells and Boughs stamp set, the fabulous Deck the Halls DSP and coordinating fabric. I started with a piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock for the cardbase and used the scallop trim border punch on a piece of Always Artichoke cardstock before layering it with a piece of designer paper. Then I had a piece of Deck the Halls fabric laying on my desk that was already cut out with the Tasteful Trim Bigz XL die so I decided to use that as well.


The focal image is stamped with Early Espresso ink on Very Vanilla cardstock before being colored in with a blender pen and classic inks and pastel chalks. This piece was then matted Early Espresso and Always Artichoke cardstock before being added to the card. The greeting is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set (have I mentioned how much I love this greeting set?) and was punched out with the Curly Label punch and tucked under the fabric. The last item is a small bow tied with Very Vanilla 3/8” Taffeta Ribbon that is glued on with glue dots.


So I use to say that the “vintage style” was definitely not me but with all the great coordinating products Stampin’ Up! Offers it makes it very easy to pull together a beautiful card. Thanks for checking it out and I hope you enjoy.

Have a great week!

Diana
Pin It!

5 comments:

Search This Blog