Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Snowy Santa Tag

So I decided to use the same Santa from last weeks Stampin 411 sketch card for a swap I recently completed.  I started by running a piece of Baja Breeze cardstock through the Big Shot with the new Northern Flurries Embossing Folder.

I stamped the image from the new Jolly Old Saint Nick stamp set with Basic Black ink and colored it in with various Stampin' Write markers.  Now I wanted to try to make this look like a tag and then I realized that the Tag Corner punch was retired (so bummed!)  So I decided to use the Scallop Trim Corner punch to create the look of a tag on just the top corners.  Then I punched a hole in the top with the Crop-a-dile and threaded a piece of 1/4" Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon. 

The final touch was a small piece of striped paper from the Candy Cane DSP from the new Holiday mini catalog (you may not be able to tell from the picture but this print (as well as one other) has glitter, which I just love.



I don't know what it is about this Santa but he's sooo cute!  Hopefully this gets you ready to start thinking about the upcoming holidays.

Have a great day!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog