Sunday, November 1, 2009

It's a Great Pumpkin!

It's the first day of November. After have a great halloween, Aidan was Bumblebee the Transformer and had a great time hanging out with friends and definately got his fair share of candy. As I was taking down the halloween decorations this morning and putting up the fall items I decided to embrace Thanksgiving for this weeks Stamping 411 challenge and the Autumn Harvest stamp set is perfect.

This weeks sketch was great and I had a lot of fun. I started with a card base of Dusty Durango and stamped the leaves with Dusty Durango ink along the left side of the card. I stamped the main image on Very Vanilla cardstock and cut out a pumpkin and gord so that I could mask the images. I used a a blender pen and a variety of inks, including Dusty Durango, Pumpkin Pie, Real Rust, Crushed Curry, Old Olive, and Soft Suede to add some texture to the picture. The greating was stamped with Dusty Durango ink with the Teenie Tiny Wishes stamp set. This pieces was then matted on a piece of Soft Suede cardstock.


I took another piece of Soft Suede cardstock and used the Scallop Border punch so it kind of creates a grassy bed for the pumpkin. I used a piece of Old Olive Taffeta ribbon (from the Mistletoe Ribbon Originals package).




Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend and enjoy your extra hour today.
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Very Pretty card. Great job with the water coloring.
    Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your choice of stamp set here - it's one of my favs. You did a nice job watercoloring the pumpkins and gourds.
    Glad your candy day wasn't rained out!
    Thanks for playing along again with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You picked one of my favorite stamp sets. Love, love, love this card!!!! Thanks for playing along this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute...looks like they are sitting along the fence! Great job with the sketch this week...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!! You water coloring is amazing!! Thanks for playing along this week with us over at Stamping 411!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! I just love this stamp set too.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog