Wednesday, May 27, 2009


What a dreary day…..

After a beautiful Memorial Day weekend here in VA we started the week with rain, at least it didn’t spoil the weekend plans! As I’m new to blogging, thought I would share a couple cards from this months stamp-a-stack.

The first card was definitely meant to get everyone into the summer mood and uses the Cheers to You stamp set. This is a Diana original and was kind of out of my normal style as I tried to use colors that I don’t use often. I started with a base of Tempting Turquoise and layered a piece of Rainbow Sherbet DSP (which is part of the Designer Paper Promotion going on now through the end of the month!) to set the tone. I punched the drink, I’m thinking Margarita with Basic Black Ink and colored it in with Stampin’ Write Markers. Then I added a touch of Crystal Effects to the drink and let it dry so it had a nice glossy look. Then I matted the drinks on Apricot Appeal and Tempting Turquoise cardstock and set them at an angle down the card. Then I used my Photo Corner Punch and punched corner pieces out of Gable Green with I attached with a Silver Brad. The final touch was to stamp “Cheers to You!” in Basic Black. Doesn’t this card just make you want to sit by the pool sipping a cool drink???

Hope this card cheered you up!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog